At Valley Craft we are passionate about recycling. Plastic has been heavily featured on the news and on the BBC’s Blue Planet programmes recently and we thought it was about time we made more of an effort to recycle what we can personally as well as extending the facilities to our customers and the local community. We’re also helping to raise money for worthwhile causes at the same time as saving the planet!
This is what we currently collect for recycling:
- Milk Bottle Tops – Washed milk bottle tops of any colour (but must be milk bottle tops only) are collected and money raised goes to Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- Inkjet Cartridges – We collect a range of used cartridges which get sent to a company for processing. Once they have recycled them, an amount gets donated to our chosen charity which this year is The Stroke Association. Please click here to find out which cartridges are accepted.
We have an amazing lady who picks up a wide and ever increasing range of non-recyclable products which are then manually sorted and sent off to a company called Terracycle for processing. There are some big brand names supporting this scheme including Walkers Crisps, Bic and Tassimo. Here’s the full list of items that we collect:
- Tassimo Discs & Foil Outers / Kenco Eco Refill Bags and Plastic Jar Lids **PLEASE NOTE: Dolce Gusto have their own recycling scheme, more information can be found here.
- Pens, Felt Tips, Highlighters, Tip Ex etc
- Biscuit & Cake Wrappers of any kind
- Beauty Product Packaging of any kind (e.g. Hair Dye, Wipes etc)
- Household Products such as Trigger Sprays, Surface Wipe Packets, Plug-in Refills & Packs, Cleaner Bottle Tops, Air Fresheners
- All kinds of Crisp and Snack Bags including Pringle (or similar) tubes and lids.
- Baby Food Pouches & Tops of any kind (please rinse beforehand)
- Pet Food Products – Pouches, Bags, Treat Wrappings (again, please rinse beforehand)
- Dental Products such as Toothpaste Tubes & Boxes, Toothbrushes etc
- Any brand of soft, disposable contact lens, blister packaging and packaging foil
- Disposable Gloves – Latex, Polyethylene, Vinyl and Nitrile.
- Bread Packaging made with LDPE Plastic
Fill Refill Co. – Washing Up Liquid, Laundry Liquid, Fabric Conditioner, Laundry Powder, Hand Wash, Surface Cleaner/All Purpose Sanitiser, Toilet Cleaner & Floor Cleaner
Chill Pill Bath Bombs, Shampoo Bars, Soap Dishes, beeswax wraps and Sisal soap bags