We are a zero waste shop based in Wareham, Dorset. We want to be part of the fight against plastic, and therefore sell all our products as refillable.
Our store runs by these ethics:
- No single-use plastic is used to package goods in our store, and we actively seek out stockists who are conscious of their plastic consumption in both production and delivering goods.
- We encourage customers to bring their own containers or buy one of our glass containers in-store to purchase goods. Everything is reused as much as possible before disposal. This includes many of our jars in store which were supplied by many stores across Wareham, including Terra Organics, The Chipperies and many charity shops.
- Where possible we supply organic and vegan-friendly goods. The exceptions to these would be if organic was substantially more expensive (thus not competitive) or that although organic, did not fit our other requirements. We do not state we are an organic-only store, a vegan/vegetarian-only store, or a ‘health food’ shop.
- All our goods must be produced in ethically and morally clean standards, coming from reputable suppliers whose ethics match ours.
- We live by these 3 terms – reduce, reuse, recycle. We aim to reduce the amount of plastic being used to purchase goods, reuse as much as possible (containers, jars etc) and recycle when it is absolutely last resort.
We wanted to open this store to almost turn back time. To take away all the unnecessary packaging and just go back to the ‘Bare Necessities’. You can bring in your container, weigh before you fill, fill up as much as you need, and then pay for how much you have. It’s really as simple as that.
And if you don’t have a container, or you just simply forgot? No problem, we stock both ‘recycled’ bottles and jars which have been given a new lease of life, or you can opt for a more pricey ‘new’ bottle/jar to purchase your goods in. Find out more about how we work here.
Please do come by, and we’ll show you what we are all about.